The simulator is intended to provide flying – tactical preparation for flying stuff of fighting divisions as well as for training of military educational institutions. The simulator provides significant reduction of financial expenses during training. The simulator is created with use the cockpit of simulator KTS-21.
The simulator provides an opportunity of working off the following simulation exercises:
- preparation for flight, start up of engines, movement on a runway, take off and climbing in a day and a night in simple and complex meteorological conditions, flight on a circle;
- performance of flight on a route, performance of aerobatics figures at average, greater and small heights;
- team flight in pair;
- flight in area of military operations, search, revealing and recognition of the ground, sea and air targets, aiming and defeat of the target;
- estimation of radio-electronic conditions by means of the special equipment;
- working off the actions of pilot in special cases of flight;
- conducting a radio communication of a plane with ground (instructor);
- landing approach on a programmed and non programmed air station.
Structure of simulator:
- cockpit with simulators of the basic devices and systems of the plane;
- peripheral controllers with blocks of interface;
- three-channel of visualization system with look-up angle – 180 degrees on a horizontal and 45 degrees on a vertical;
- information-computer complex and a special software;
- instructor workplace;
- co-pilot workplace;
- set of the operational documentation;
- spares package;
- set of installation element.
Plane cockpit model which reproduces the compartment of fuselage Diaphragm 6 to Frame 3A, included. The cockpit concerning its structure and components location, completely corresponds to original cockpit of MIG-29 fighter. There are more than 70 indicator imitators and controls, 6 specialized controllers and some connection boxes in the cockpit, and visualization system. Visualization system of simulator consists of 3 graphic stations, projective optical device with range of view 180° degrees horizontally and 45° degrees vertically. Available in simulator 3-D models of flight region with 400 х 400 kilometres dimensions have been built at the basis of electronic maps of real Earth surface, distributes to pilot the visual information about external space, referring to position of the plane relative to Earth surface objects and horizon line.
Computing complex of simulator includes 6 computers and special software, enables to imitate operating of main systems and equipment of the plane, provides the modeling the plane flight dynamic in real time, outer conditions, navigation situation, acoustic noises. The complex provides the imitation of plane flight performances in all range of altitude, speed, gravity centre location, acceleration, attack angle and slide. The imitation of influence at movement and features of the plane, its current weight, gravity centre location, engine power mode, position of flaps, wings mechanism and landing gear, provides in all modes of modeling. There is a possibility of setting the kind of flight region – flat, mountains, sea and sea-shore.
Second working place for pilot, includes 2 monitors, first one monitor indicates the state of controls and indicators of second plane cockpit, second one provides visualization the out-of-cockpit area, and joystick enable to operate the second plane. The second working place for pilot allows to perform either the coupled flight or use the second plane as target in process of air fight.
Working place of instructor consists of 3 computers, 5 monitors, printer, keyboard, trackball, microphone, joystick as control device and special software. It provides the possibility of controlling and monitoring the pilot activity, setting and changing the initial conditions of flight, managing the individual systems of simulator, monitoring the state of computing system, allows the video observation of pilot actions, switching on and canceling the situation of failure systems and equipment.